Report a Concern or Complaint

Students and other members of the campus community are encouraged to speak up about the concerns they have through the appropriate report below. However, reporters should understand that the University takes all reports seriously, and that students knowingly making a false report may be reported to the Honor Council. College student complaints are addressed according to grievance procedures described in the Student Life section of the College portion of the University catalog

State of Tennessee Complaint Procedures

Should the institution not be able to resolve the complaint, the person making the report has the right to contact the state of Tennessee and its appropriate agency to determine the course of action.

Complaints related to the application of state laws or rules related to approval to operate or licensure of a particular professional program within a postsecondary institution shall be referred to the appropriate State Board (i.e., State Boards of Health, State Board of Education, and so on) within the Tennessee State Government and shall be reviewed and handled by that licensing board (, and then search for the appropriate division).

Students attending programs in Tennessee may file a complaint related to state consumer protection laws (e.g., laws related to fraud or false advertising) through the Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs (, by the using the complaint form found at this link: Students enrolled in the University’s distance learning programs may file a complaint related to consumer protection laws by contacting the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. Contact information can be found under Tennessee at the following link:

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)

Allegations regarding noncompliance with accreditation standards, policies, and procedures may be made to SACSCOC, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097. (To access the Commission’s complaint policy, procedures, and the Complaint Form, please see Complaint Policy‌).